Monday 29 December 2014

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Day after Christmas I went with my son to a shopping center. We wanted to buy some CD's as a  birthday's present for his grandfather and my father-in-law :-). Suddenly, I saw the DVD from 1961: "Breakfast at Tiffany's" with Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard. I thought: "I must buy it!". The movie is the adaptation of Truman Capote’s novel of the same title.  I saw this romantic comedy and I really tooke to it. Audrey Hepburn played Holly Golightly, sophisticated party girl looking to land a rich husband. In spite of not being right, we love Holly Golightly. In her dark glasses and lovely clothes, Audray was beautiful, sometimes crazy and funny. I especially like her when she sadly sings Moon River at her bedroom window. Moon River won the Oscar for best original song. I like the movie, I like Audray with her wide smile and her song very much!

Moon River, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
wherever you're going I'm going your way.
Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end--
waiting 'round the bend,
my huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me.



No comments:

Post a Comment